Financial Controller – Pickering, Ontario
Ayurcann Inc. provides post-harvest outsourcing solutions to licensed cannabis producers. The company is growing rapidly and is looking for an experienced accountant to develop accounting processes and manage the day-to-day operations and internal and external reporting.
Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to the President, the Financial Controller is responsible for managing Ayurcann’s day-to-day accounting and finance function encompassing controls, reporting, cash management and systems, ensuring that financial information provided is timely, accurate, complete and compliant. As the company is in its start-up stage and is growing rapidly, the role requires a hands-on technically sound designated accountant with experience with IFRS, financial statements preparation, general accounting, budgeting/forecasting, management reporting & analysis, banking/cash flow management, and when required Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software integration.
Planned reports – Manager Accounting, Financial Analyst, General Accountant
Financial Reporting & Analysis
· Provide monthly financial results variance analysis including pricing, cost of sales gross margin, selling, general & administrative expenses.
· Complete month-end close procedures and reconciliations.
· Review to ensure all monthly balance sheet accounts are accurate and appropriately reconciled to subledgers.
· Prepare inventory and cost of goods sold detailed reports and analysis.
· Provide reports for monthly, quarterly, and year end internal reporting.
· Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
· Ensure reporting responses to ad hoc requests for financial related information are appropriately delivered.
Financial Planning & Analysis
· Ensure bank reconciliations are completed on a timely basis.
· Track & manage weekly cash flows and needs to ensure adequate cash availability to service the business needs – provide forward-looking cashflow forecast.
· Preparation of annual operating plan with full supporting analysis and detail.
· Preparation of monthly actual to budget variance report.
Governance and Control
· Ensure the safeguarding of company assets through enforcement of appropriate controls and implementation of new processes & controls as needed.
· Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data in accounting systems.
· Identify enterprise risks and work with management to ensure appropriate mitigation in place
· Ensure compliance with tax regulations and filing & payment obligations.
· Drive continuous improvements and efficiencies to all processes within the organization.
This is a hardworking, hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves environment emphasizing a team-oriented and collaborative management style. The candidate must not be afraid to get his or her hands dirty and do “real work”; particularly in the context of a company undergoing rapid growth and operation/functional integration
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. MBA would be an asset.
· Professional accounting designation, CPA-CA preferred, understanding of IFRS
· 5+ years experience in finance/accounting ideally in a CPG/manufacturing environment
· Strong knowledge of corporate finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control at both an operating and governance level
· Hands-on in the analysis of financial data and preparation of financial statements
· Excellent working knowledge of operational accounting, accounting systems, budgeting, internal controls, cash management, treasury, and risk/asset management.
· Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance related issues.
· Hands-on ERP systems experience, fully Microsoft Office conversant
· Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
· Unquestioned level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
· Strong work ethic and a positive team attitude;
· Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
· Ability to respond appropriately in high pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
Salary: $80,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time
All staff and visitors are asked to wear a mask before entering the building. Temperature is taken for each person upon arrival and the facility is disinfected daily.
To apply for the position please include the job title you are applying for in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your cover letter and resume.